Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Practicing since 2004. Expert in 1040, small business, represent vs. IRS, & int'l tax mattters.
20877915

are the proceeds of a modified endowment contract taxable to

are the proceeds of a modified endowment contract taxable to the named beneficiaries at the insureds death?
Thanks for using JustAnswers!

Generally, the proceeds at death of a Modified Endowment Contract are not taxable to the beneficiaries after the death of the insured.

If this answers your question, please rate my performance between OK Service and Excellent Service so that I can be paid. If my performance is not rated, I will not be paid. If you need additional assistance or clarification please reply to this post.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what would cause them to be taxable?
Only certain distributions or loans from a MEC are taxable during the life of the insured. After the insured dies, the beneficiaries of the MEC receive the death benefit tax free as with most life insurance proceeds.