Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

I filed for an extension for this tax year and have till October

I filed for an extension for this tax year and have till October to file, but I believe I will owe taxes. I want to make payments now so I wont have too much in October. How do I set this up?
Welcome, THANK YOU for using Just Answer. My goal is to help make your life...a little...LESS taxing.

If you owe taxes, note that there will be a failure to pay penalty because extensions are not for payment of taxes, but the filing of the paperwork. If you want to make payments prior to filing, simply send in a check, mark on the subject line for TY 2011 and your social security number. There is nothing special that you need to do. Once you do file the paperwork and if you do owe, the IRS will contact you and let you know how much the penalty is for not paying by the April due date.

**PLEASE NOTE THAT THOUGH YOU MAY BE PROMPTED TO DO SO, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO RATE MY ANSWER UNTIL WE ARE COMPLETELY DONE INTERACTING. IF AT THIS TIME I HAVE COMPLETELY ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION, I RESPECTFULLY XXXXX XXXXX YOU CHOOSE A RATING OF 3 OR ABOVE, AS THIS WILL ALLOW ME TO RECEIVE CREDIT AND RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING.**

Let me know if I can further assist you with this matter.

Thank you again for using JUST ANSWER.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i dont usually use checks. is there a way to bay by credit or debit card or online?
Hello again,

Yes, there are several e-providers that you can use to pay your tax bill via credit card for a fee. Following is a link to the page where you can choose a provider that best suits you.

http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=101316,00.html

Thank you again for using JUST ANSWER.