Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

Are there any deductions for shipping your things to another

Are there any deductions for shipping your things to another country and having problems with the port releasing them due to shipper not moving them through customs per contract.
They basically took my money and abandoned the 2 containers at the port without processing them through customs...promising to pay the charges for the past year.

Do you know a good transportation lawyer in the states or Buenos Aires????

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer,
Unfortunatly, unless the loss is due to business you would not be able to claim the expense or any other additional charges because of the negligence by the shippers under any tax deductions. I do not personally know of any attorneys that would be able to assist you in your possible suit and would be restricted by Just Answer policy from recommending any specific company or person if I did.
I do hope you have a smoother time in dealng with any potential transportation issues.