Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level

hi my friend got a letter with a form 5564 he is ok signing

Customer Question

hi my friend got a letter with a form 5564 he is ok signing and mailing it but he lost the envelope and he is trying to find the address where he is supposed to mail it!!! he lives in gilroy, california
Category: Tax
Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

Here's the address:

Internal Revenue Service
Ogden Utah 84201-0040

Make sure that he takes it to the post office, and sends it with a return receipt so that he can have confirmation for his records that the IRS did, in fact, receive his response.

If this helped, then rate my service as "excellent" so that I can be compensated for assisting you today. Otherwise, click "reply" or "continue conversation" for continued dialog with me.

VERY IMPORTANT - IF you are having DIFFICULTY RATING, please let me know IMMEDIATELY. If you don't rate my response, I don't get paid even though your deposit is retained by the site. Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.