Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

how can i find out if i owe money to the irs

Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 4 years ago.

Stephen E. Grizey :

Hi & thanks for using our service. I'll do my best to give you a complete & accurate answer. Please ask me to clarify anything you don't understand.

Stephen E. Grizey :

Why do you think you may owe them money? If you owe them you should be getting collection notices.

Customer:
Customer:

my husband is telling me that owe but not showing what we but asking me for money

Stephen E. Grizey :

Well, if he is telling you that you owe from filing a joint return, all you have to do is call the IRS 7 they will tell you what the status of your account is; you'll need your husbands social security number with you when you call.

Customer:

thanks I'll call them tomorrow

Stephen E. Grizey :

Please remember to click on the green "ACCEPT", or the "smiley face" as appropriate; that is the only way we get credit for our work, even if you are on a subscription plan. Feedback, if you have time and bonuses, where you think they are warranted, are always most appreciated. Before or after you ACCEPT, I will be happy to answer any additional follow-up questions you may have. Thanks again for using our service.

If you'd like to contact me again, in the future, just ask for "Steve G" at the beginning of your question.

Stephen E. Grizey :

__________________________________________________