Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses

We are located in the Netherlands, our company is incorporated

We are located in the Netherlands, our company is incorporated in the Netherlands and we pay tax in the Netherlands. We have NO USA establishment. A few times per year we do training in the USA. People / companies pay by credit card or check. In order to avoid income tax withhold we claim exempt under the Dutch-USA tax treaty. For this we supply the companies, who requested this, a W8-BEN form. In order to fill-in the form correctly we need an EIN, which we requested and got from the IRS. Now we need to file a 1120-F. Do I understand correctly that, since we have no establishment and don't need to pay in the USA and there was never a withhold, we only have to fill in the top first few questions on page 1 and tag W with yes and attach a 8833 and then send it to the IRS?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for using justanswer. Yes. According to page 2 of2011 Instruction 1120-F
Instructions for Form 1120-F, U.S. Income Tax Return of a Foreign Corporation you must only fill out the upper portion, items A-M, and attach your 8833.

I hope this helps