Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

Can I file my 2010 taxes without a w2?

Can I file my 2010 taxes without a w2?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 4 years ago.

Stephen E. Grizey :

Hi & thanks for using our service. I'll do my best to give you a complete & accurate answer. Please ask me to clarify anything you don't understand.

Customer:

Great thanks.

Stephen E. Grizey :

Sure as long as you know all the figures on the W2 from your last paycheck. You'll have to include an explanation as to why you don't have it.

Customer:

yep. What if I don't have my last pay check?

Customer:

I have been living overseas for a few years and do not have access to that material.

Customer:

I don't have any pay checks from the job.

Stephen E. Grizey :

Have you tried to obtain a duplicate from your employer?

Customer:

yes but it is not possible.

Customer:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am just looking to file the taxes for an immigration purpose. So I would like them done asap.

Customer:

Now I understand that by providing info without proof I would be missing out on a rebate correct?

Customer:

Or I guess as much rebate as possible

Customer:

I just would like to get the tax filed

Stephen E. Grizey :

Not really as you can get a copy of the transcript of your account from the IRS which will have all the information on it that the IRS has, including the figures from you W2.

Stephen E. Grizey :

Are you trying to get a sailing permit?

Customer:

No.

Customer:

I am sponsoring my fiancé to come to the states.

Customer:

and one of the items for the citizen is to provide past tax returns

Customer:

so that is why I would be more interested in having it done quickly rather than maximizing the greatest return

Stephen E. Grizey :

Well if you don't have the figures from your W2 you'll have to order a transcript of your account from the IRS

Customer:

ok

Stephen E. Grizey :

Please remember to click on the green "ACCEPT", or the "smiley face" as appropriate; that is the only way we get credit for our work, even if you are on a subscription plan. Feedback, if you have time and bonuses, where you think they are warranted, are always most appreciated. Before or after you ACCEPT, I will be happy to answer any additional follow-up questions you may have. Thanks again for using our service.

If you'd like to contact me again, in the future, just ask for "Steve G" at the beginning of your question.

Customer:

ok thanks