Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.

I have some penalties and some back taxes to pay and want to

Customer Question

I have some penalties and some back taxes to pay and want to find out how much so i can pay
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Hi there. Are these owed to the IRS?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Thanks. To determine what you owe, you can: i) Visit or call the local IRS office. The IRS should provide you with either your IRS Transcript or your Record of Account when you arrive at your local office. ii) Call the national IRS office at 1-800-829-1040. iii) Request a "Record of Account" by filing Form 4506-T, titled the "Request for Transcript of Tax Return" form, to obtain the total tax liabilities, payments and adjustments on your account for a particular year. Your Record of Account will tell you the balances (if any) for each tax period.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. If the information seems more general than specific, please be aware that we are only allowed to provide information and not specific advice. If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break. If you need additional clarification on this question, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you. Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.