Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.

Is there a maximum amount of money I can deposit into my personal

Is there a maximum amount of money I can deposit into my personal checking account? I'm not asking about gift taxes or reporting to the IRS.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Good afternoon. There is no limit as to how much money one can put into one's checking account. There are all kinds of reasons why one's personal checking account might not be the best place for huge amounts of money, but the bank will be happy to accept any amount.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. If the information seems more general than specific, please be aware that we are only allowed to provide information and not specific advice. If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break. If you need additional clarification on this question, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you. Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.