Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

RA - ml

Customer Question

How do I file my Va. state tax for e-file?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 4 years ago.

Robin D :

Hello and thank you fo rusing Just Answer
There are three options to choose from – Virginia Free File, paid e-File, and new this year Free State Fillable Forms e-File.

Have available:

• A copy of your 2011 federal tax return.

• All income and tax statements you received for 2011, such as Forms W-2, W-2G, 1099-G, 1099-INT, and 1099-R.

• Your 2011 estimated tax payment amounts, if any.

• If you are going to use direct deposit for a refund, or use direct debit withdrawal to pay any taxes owed, you'll need your routing number and account number for your checking or savings account.
    Use this link and choose the option you wish to use
    Choose the middle option if you have already a copy of the Virginai return or can fill in the forms on your own.

Robin D :

If you used a software program or internet site to prepare your federal return check back with that one and see if the state is allowed, but many times you would have had to e-file the state at the same time as the federal.

Robin D :

If you still cannot figure out how to e-file then mail a copy of the state return.

Robin D :