Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

How do I get my Social Security W-2 Form?

How do I get my Social Security W-2 Form for my benefits so I can file it as income?

Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 4 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer!

Social Security benefits are reported on form SSA-1099. SSA-1099 is mailed to you in January showing the total amount of benefits you received in the previous year.

That form is issued by Social Security Administration.

If you need a replacement SSA-1099 - you need to contact SSA – call at 1-***-***-****_ Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.

A copy of your SSA-1099 will arrive in the mail in about 10 days. If you need it sooner, contact your local Social Security Office.

If you are looking for tax information for previous years - you may order transcripts from the IRS.

You need to use the form to obtain your tax account transcript.

On the form - check the box 8 for information about W2 and 1099 forms.

You have three easy and convenient options for getting copies of your federal tax return information -- tax account transcripts--by phone, by mail, or online.

Our new online ordering method, Order A Transcript -,,id=232168,00.html , is available and makes ordering simple.

You may also request transcripts by calling 1-***-***-****_, or order by mail using IRS Form 4506T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return).

There is no fee for transcripts. Allow five to ten days for delivery if you order online or by phone.

Let me know if you need any help.