Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner

How to attach the W2 to 1040 tax form?

How do you attach the W2 to the 1040 tax form? Do you use stapler or paper clip?
Also, for the entire tax return (I have 5 pages), do I staple all of them? Or should I use paper clip? Or should I not staple/paper clip them?

Ah, I take it that you are sending in a paper return. When I used to send in paper returns, I would staple the W2s to the 1040 in the section where required.

Also, you are allowed to staple the pages together, just don't staple the 1040 in the upper right corner of the form.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So stapling the tax return on the upper left corner + stapling the W2 to the Income section of 1040 is ok?

Yes, that is correct.