Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner

How can I find out if IRS has received my Tax return? I am

How can I find out if IRS has received my Tax return? I am Retired Military living in Greece. I sent my return on 2 Feb. 2012.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 4 years ago.
Hello, THANK YOU for choosing Just Answer. My goal is to help make your life...a little...LESS taxing.

If you were not due to receive a refund, it's a bit early to inquire whether or not they received the tax return. Their processing time could take 6-8 weeks or longer at this time of the year, especially if the return was mailed in. If you were due a refund, a way that you can check to see if they received your return is to check your refund status by going to the following webpage:,,id=96596,00.html

If no information is available by going this route, you can call them at 1-800-829-1040. Be prepared to be on hold for a long while.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Thank you again for using JUST ANSWER.