miketaylor2008
miketaylor2008,
13888338

How can I find my CAF number

How can I find my CAF number
Category: Tax
Expert:  miketaylor2008 replied 2 years ago.

TaylorTech :

Hiya, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I've been repairing and upgrading computers for over 10 years, I will help you to the best of my ability.

TaylorTech :

Are you tax practitioner who has previously been assigned a CAF number but cannot locate the number?

Customer :

yes

TaylorTech :

Thankyou

TaylorTech :

The required steps to get to this information is a direct number to there practitioner Priority Service line

Customer :

what is that number

TaylorTech :

Practitioner Priority Service
Our Practitioner Priority Service is a professional support line ( 1.866.860.4259 ) staffed by IRS customer service representatives specially trained to handle practitioners’ accounts questions.

Practitioner Priority Service is a toll-free, accounts-related service for all tax practitioners, nationwide. It is the practitioners’ first point of contact for assistance regarding taxpayers’ account-related issues. The hours of service are weekdays, 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska and Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

TaylorTech :

It states on the IRS site that this is the correct number to call to obtain your CAF number specifically

TaylorTech :

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

TaylorTech :

If not, please hit accept so I can be paid for my time and I appreciate you very much

Customer :

this dosen't help much

TaylorTech :

Why? it is the answer you requested

TaylorTech :

If you need a different answer please give more detail and specifics so I can help you

Customer :

the number i called does not have any information how to retrieve my caf number

TaylorTech :

You must speak to a rep, you will not be able to complete this task with automation unfortunately

TaylorTech :

Most times you can press 0 and it will put you through to an operator who can direct your call to appropriate person

TaylorTech :

According to IRS this is the only method to retrieve it

TaylorTech :

I know phone systems are very annoying and can often leave you frustrated

Customer :

i am doing that now

TaylorTech :

ok no problem

Customer :

no luck they could not retrieve caf number waste of money

TaylorTech :

What did they tell you?

Customer :

that they could not retrieve caf and sned in POA and maybe they can track the number that way

TaylorTech :

wow ok, Im sorry that I couldnt help you

TaylorTech :

My I suggest that I bring this to the attention of the tax professionals here who may be of more help?

miketaylor2008,
Experience: