rramsook, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Specialize in Individual,Corporate, and payroll tax matters.

I received a K1 form from my grandmothers trust. i entered

I received a K1 form from my grandmother's trust. i entered the information as I thought I was suppose to into turbo tax and it took over half of my refund and it was also more than the amount of the k1 amount. My sister only received half of the trust amount so her k1 amount was half of what mine was and her refund amount didnt change at all. Do you think that I entered something wrong and should have someone look at it and file an amendment?
Category: Tax
Expert:  rramsook replied 4 years ago.

rramsook :

Hello, income received from K-1 should flow over to page 1 of your 1040 tax return on line 17. Any interest and Dividend income will flow to lines 8 and 9 respectively on page 1 of 1040 tax return. Income received from K-1 will increase your AGI which will reduce your refund amount.