Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

Im a safety retired state employee who filed with a dow2nload

Customer Question

I'm a safety retired state employee who filed with a dow2nload of tax act for several years since 2009. I didn't file last year and I'm preparing to do both very soon now. I was trying to do e-file but as I don't have a hx. from last year what do I do?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 5 years ago.
Hello, THANK YOU for choosing Just Answer. My goal is to help make your life...a little...LESS taxing.

Please note that you can only e-file the current year's tax return, which is 2011. So for TY 2010, you will have to submit a paper return. BTW, what is meant by hx...? Please advise.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I sent you more info stating that hx means history in nursing realms. So basically I just need to do this years first then deal with the previous year!??
Hello again,

As of this writing, I have not received the info as to what hx relates to. Maybe it will come through later. As for your question, you will e-file the tax return for TY 2011 and for 2010, you will need to mail in a paper copy. However, if you are going to itemize for 2010, and 2011, you need to complete the 2010 return first, as the 2011 tax return will require some itemization information from the 2010 return.