How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4291
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I go about finding the right CPA or attorney to help

This answer was rated:

How do I go about finding the right CPA or attorney to help me with putting a profits interest agreement together with a new potential partner? I'm in Los Angeles. I've had a really hard time finding someone who understands profits interest as described in this article:

I need to find a CPA or an attorney, I'm not sure which. Guidance needed!

PDtax :

hi from Just Answer.

PDtax :

I know where I'd go if it was me. I'd make an appointment with the LA office of Ernst and Young. I know the firm capabilities, and the agreement you want has been around for a long time. The rev proc starting these deals has been around, as you know, since 1993.

PDtax :

When I was at another office of that firm, we knew who the big players in law were, and probably have a number of these deals in our files to start with.

PDtax :

To be fair, any of the other Big 4 firms will be able to help as well. You probably thought of contacting the authors of the article you referred to from 2001, McDermott Will & Emery, who might be right there in LA to assist you.

PDtax :

If this gives some guidance, please click Accept and thanks from Just Answer.

PDtax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions