Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner

If I am paying for my daughters medicine and she does notive

If I am paying for my daughter's medicine and she does notive with me nor is she
minor, can I claim it on my taxes. I have almost no income just social security and a
very small pension.
Hello, THANK YOU for choosing Just Answer. My goal is to help make your life...a little...LESS taxing.

In brief, the answer is no, you are not able to claim your daughter's medicine. SEE BELOW

If the person is not a dependent, you can only claim the cost of medical expenses for an immediate family member (including in-laws) or someone who has lived with you for a year. The family member must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident or resident of Canada or Mexico and you must provide more than half of that person's support for the year.