USTaxAdvising
USTaxAdvising, CPA
Experience:  US Taxation specialist.
58296935

I e-file my return on taxactonline.com . When i review my Federal

I e-file my return on taxactonline.com . When i review my Federal 1040 Form , i see at many places on this Form where it is printed like "Attach your W2 " , "Attach 1099 " , "Attach Schedule B if required" , etc. What does this attach mean here because i never attached actual W2 Form or any other original Form while e-filing my returns to the IRS ?
Category: Tax
Expert:  USTaxAdvising replied 2 years ago.

USTaxAdvising :

These statements are showing up on your Form 1040?

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.

This is odd. I have never used tax act before but I presume this is merely a draft copy you are looking at.

If you are efiling your return you do not need to attach the W-2 or 1099s to the electronic file. Furthermore if you paper file you also do not need to attach these documents.

I think you are probably looking at "Draft" form of your return. Ensure you have run all alerts and get a green light on your return. If you have done that already then try and see if there is somewhere else in the software where you can go to print or view the return.

If the return is qualified to efile it should not have these statements on it. If it does it might warrant a call to customer support.

Let me know how you make out, and also if you have any further questions.

Best,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok , i saw the Draft one .

While reporting Bank Interest on Schedule B in my Federal Return , do i need to mention the Tax Identification Number of each bank from which i earned interest ?

FYI : As you know i have 3 bank accounts i.e., 2 bank accounts in USA and 1 bank account in India . I did not get any Form 1099 or something for my 2 US Bank accounts so i dont know what is bank tax identification number and moreover , Indian Bank has no tax identification number type thing and i have 1 indian bank account opened & operated in India from which i earned yearly interest $16 .

While reporting Bank Interest on Schedule B in my Federal Return , do i need to mention the Tax Identification Number of each bank from which i earned interest ? - no there is no requirement although it is a good practice to ensure that the IRS can match your reported income up to 1099s they receive with your SSN on it.

If you don't have the ID numbers then I would not sweat it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I dont get the point from your given line :

My apologies. What I mean here is that it is not required to provide the EIN, although it is a good practice. If you do not have the EIN I would not spend any time tracking it down. (especially since the amounts you are reporting are not significant)

I hope this helps.

Best,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks ,

May i know what is " Making Work Pay Credit " as i see $800 on this column in my previous year's Federal Tax Return Form 1040 ?

In 2009 and 2010, the Making Work Pay provision of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 provided a refundable tax credit of up to $400 for working individuals and up to $800 for married taxpayers filing joint returns. Most wage earners benefited from larger paychecks in 2009 and 2010 as a result of the changes made to the federal income tax withholding tables to implement the Making Work Pay tax credit.

The Making Work Pay Credit was not extended into 2011. The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization and Job Creation Act which was signed into law on December 17, 2010, did not renew the credit.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am going to accept the anwer , please clarify below :

So as i understand that i need to pay as estimated taxes i.e., 110% of my previous year's Federal tax liability divided into 4 instalments in the current year and as well i need to pay as estimated taxes i.e., 110% of my previous year's State tax liability divided into 4 instalments in the current year .......................... , am i right ?

Yes this is correct.
USTaxAdvising, CPA
Experience: US Taxation specialist.