Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

I have not filed a tax return for the past 3 or 4 years. I

I have not filed a tax return for the past 3 or 4 years. I collect disability and am married with 2 children. My wife is unemployed for all of those years. EXCEPT for income we earned from sales on ebay, and some money earned by driving a plow truck for the winter that earned about 1500 dollars all 4 of those years.

Can I file tax returns and get EIC for all of those years? What do i need for records to prove the income?

Filing Married head of household with 2 children.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 4 years ago.

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer>
You can file for the past 3 years and expect to receive a refund (if due). You will need to gather any and all reciepts that show the amounts you were paid and any expenses that you had in relation to the earnings.
Please be advised that you are not allowed to omit any valid expenses to purposely inflate a credit or refund.
You would not file Head of Household, you may file married filing joint or Married filing separate(MFS would disallow the EIC)
Thank you in advance for clicking ACCEPT.