Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.

I am single and plan to buy a second home in Az, should I put

I am single and plan to buy a second home in Az, should I put the title in my name and children to avoid probate. First home is in Wash. state.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Good morning. You can do this one of two ways. You can put this into a living trust so that upon death, it is already in a trust with a provision for your children and therefore need not go through probate. Or, you can add your children's names on the deed as joint tenants with rights of survivorship so that it automatically passes to them upon your death.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.