How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 28081
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been working as a 1099 sub contractor since 2006 for

Resolved Question:

I have been working as a 1099 sub contractor since 2006 for a large corporation. I when I signed a contract with them they required that I be incorporated for some reason so that is what I did. I have grossed on average 60K per year since 2006 and they direct deposit the funds monthly into my business account. I receive a 1099 at the end of the year in my business name for the monies earned. Being a young procrastinator and not knowing the laws I neglected to file taxes and go so behind that I never did. I went to a new accountant who filed a 4506 on my company with the IRS and it came back VOID. Now she has filed a 4506 for my personal account to see if the 1099s were placed there for some reason. I have never received a bill or notice from the IRS asking for any monies owed. I am trying to get this back on track but she is baffled why they seem to have no record of the income and there has not been any SFR, or CP2000 sent to me. I even went and forwarded all previously known addresses about 6 months ago to my current address and still nothing. Any insight on this might be helpful. Maybe the payer made a mistake with my information or being a corp do not actually submit the individual 1099s to the IRS. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 4 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!

Normally - it takes about 1.5-2 years for the IRS to realized that no tax return was filled and send a notice about tax liability...

If the form 1099-misc is not reflected on your tax account - most likely it was never sent or was sent with a different tax identification number.

Since you received forms 1099-C from your employer - it is very likely that these forms were sent to the IRS as well - please verify what tax ID was used on these forms?
Did you provided your business tax ID instead of your SSN? - it is possible that forms 1099-misc were issued with your business tax ID.
Please verify.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I received 1099 Misc since 2006 and never filed. The 1099s are sent in my LLCs name and EIN #. She sent form 4506 asking for my companies 1099 transcripts for years 2006-10 and it came back void. She has now requested the transcripts for my SSN as well to see if somehow they got placed on my personal account vs the business EIN. She thinks that somehow their computers did not pick it up or that the corporation issued 1099 to me but does not send individual 1099s listed payees to the IRS since it was a corp to corp transaction. I have never received any bills or notices and that is what is so baffling.

Expert:  Lev replied 4 years ago.

There is no magic - if your employer did not send information under your ID - that information would not be in the IRS computer.

Most likely your accountant knows that - you need to use form 4506T - to obtain your tax account transcripts - not form 4506.

On the form 4506T - check the box 8 - Form W-2, Form 1099 series, Form 1098 series, or Form 5498 series transcript. The IRS can provide a transcript that includes data from these information returns.

Also the box 6(a) should be check d for Tax account Transcript.


I suspect that your employer did not issue forms 1099-misc to the IRS - and that was the reason they required to have a business entity.

That is why your income information is not in the IRS system and you never received any notices.


Please be aware that according to the tax law - you are required to report your income regardless if it was reported to the IRS or not.

So technically speaking - the fact of not reporting should not affect your filing requirements or tax liability.

Unfortunately based on very limited information - there is not much we could say.

Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 28081
Experience: Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Lev and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • I really was impressed with the prompt response. Your expert was not only a tax expert, but a people expert!!! Her genuine and caring attitude came across in her response... T.G.W Matteson, IL
< Previous | Next >
  • I really was impressed with the prompt response. Your expert was not only a tax expert, but a people expert!!! Her genuine and caring attitude came across in her response... T.G.W Matteson, IL
  • I WON!!! I just wanted you to know that your original answer gave me the courage and confidence to go into yesterday's audit ready to fight. Bonnie Chesnee, SC
  • Great service. Answered my complex tax question in detail and provided a lot of additional useful information for my specific situation. John Minneapolis, MN
  • Excellent information, very quick reply. The experts really take the time to address your questions, it is well worth the fee, for the peace of mind they can provide you with. Orville Hesperia, California
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA

Meet The Experts:

  • Wallstreet Esq.

    Wallstreet Esq.

    Tax Attorney

    Satisfied Customers:

    10 years experience
< Last | Next >
  • Wallstreet Esq.'s Avatar

    Wallstreet Esq.

    Tax Attorney

    Satisfied Customers:

    10 years experience
  • Mark D's Avatar

    Mark D

    Enrolled Agent

    Satisfied Customers:

    MBA, EA, Specializing in Business and Individual Tax Returns and Issues
  • Richard's Avatar


    Tax Attorney

    Satisfied Customers:

    29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
  • Robin D.'s Avatar

    Robin D.

    Senior Tax Advisor 4

    Satisfied Customers:

    15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
  • Megan C's Avatar

    Megan C

    Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
  • jgordosea's Avatar


    Enrolled Agent

    Satisfied Customers:

    I've prepared all types of taxes since 1987.
  • R. Klein, EA's Avatar

    R. Klein, EA

    Enrolled Agent

    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 20 Years experience