CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA
Experience:  over 40 years experience in tax matters
50756543

I was on the line with an IRS representative and I didnt get

Customer Question

I was on the line with an IRS representative and I didn't get her name or ID. My name isXXXXX XXX-XX-XXXX, DOB-XXXXX My address is XXXXXX and I filed Jointly with my wife, Robyn XXX. Here is my problem: I owe $3530.27 and I agreed to pay it with a four month extension. She gave me all of the instructions for making all of a final payment on or before the date and how to address the check(s). She gave me a mailing address as Internal Revenue Service, Fresno, CA 93888-0????. That's when I got cut off. She had previously been told that she would mail me a letter but I'm not sure any of this has been registered. When I tried to call back, the office was closed. Should I have confidence that the proper paper work will be done? If not, What can I do? Thanks for any help or directions.
Category: Tax
Expert:  CGCPA replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.

Yes, the IRS representative would have been looking at her computer screen and making notes as you spoke. It will be in the IRS computer system. If it provides you a greater degree of emotional comfort you can call again. Any agent can assist you and they will be able to tell you what is in the computer. The digits missing from the address should be either 0102, 0114 or 0115.