How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CourtneyLawGrp Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4215
Type Your Tax Question Here...
CourtneyLawGrp is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my mother and i are looking into transferring some of her property

Resolved Question:

my mother and i are looking into transferring some of her property to me. we are both residents of NC. one parcel of land that we're looking at transferring is in IA. the NC lawyer i spoke with mentioned that i might be liable for IA gift tax if the IA property is transferred to me. would that transfer (gift) involve an IA gift tax?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  CourtneyLawGrp replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

Yes, there would be a gift tax. Or she can sell it to you and you can pay for it, and then she will be liable for profit.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what is the gift tax rate in IA and how would i go about paying it?
Expert:  CourtneyLawGrp replied 5 years ago.
I am sending your question to the CPAs who i think can help you better.
CourtneyLawGrp and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions