Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

Just to add to my question of a few weeks ago. I was granted

Just to add to my question of a few weeks ago. I was granted the stock options in the UK before I left to live hear in Canada. Will I be subject to double taxation or will I be able to claim either country's tax back?

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
You will not be subject of double taxation - double taxation is eliminated by the tax treaty between Canada and UK.

I may not say if that income is taxable in UK or not - that is a question to UK tax experts.
However, if it is taxable - as a resident of Canada - you will claim a credit for foreign tax paid on your Canada tax return.

If you are filing a paper return, attach your completed Form T2209, Federal Foreign Tax Credits and documents that show the foreign taxes you paid. -

Complete Form T2209, Federal Foreign Tax Credits and enter the amount from line 10 on line 405 of your Schedule 1.

Let me know if you need any help.