Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner

Hello. Im just about to publish a book on Amazon & need to

Customer Question

Hello. I'm just about to publish a book on Amazon & need to be registered in the US taxation system. How do I acquire a tax number please? I live in New Zealand Thank you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 5 years ago.
Hello, THANK YOU for choosing Just Answer. My goal is to help make your life...a little...LESS taxing.

You would need to apply for an ITIN (Individual Taxpayer identification Number). To apply for the Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN), complete a W-7 form (revised in January 2010) and include your completed federal income tax return and notarized copies of your identification documents. Find out what documents are accepted as proof of identity to apply for an ITIN.

Write “ITIN to be requested” on your tax return form where it asks for the Social Security Number. SEE BELOW: Form Instructions

Make sure you send all your documents to the following address

Internal Revenue Service
Austin Service Center
ITIN Operation
P.O. Box 149342

If you need assistance in completing the ITIN application, you can call the IRS toll-free at 011-1(NNN) NNN-NNNN(for Spanish, press 8).

Thank you, I left a zero off the telephone is 0011-1-800-829-1040. Congrats on the book, and I hope that you are showered with multiple streams of income as a result of it.