Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney
Experience:  JD, LL.M in Business and Taxation, IRS Enrolled Agent. Expert in Business and Tax Transactions
59761513

Me again, Jax Tax. Your last response to me was that Florida

Me again, Jax Tax. Your last response to me was that Florida was probably the best state. How do you feel about Texas as compared to Florida. Also, how do I establish a business location in either state, if I'm not actualy going to be living in those states. However, on second thought, I really need to establish some kind of address in the state for the LLC so I can have all my mail forwarded to me, both personal and business, since I'll be on the road in my RV doing my Internet business,.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jax Tax replied 5 years ago.

Jax Tax : I have nothing against Texas. I know more about FL, but they are very similar. For establishing within a state, that entails you having a significant business presence. That is defined by doing part of the business activity within the state. Yo can have a mailing address or PO Box in a state without being considered to do business within that state. If you don't need to do business in a particular state, the better.