How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jax Tax Your Own Question
Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1408
Experience:  JD, LL.M in Business and Taxation, IRS Enrolled Agent. Expert in Business and Tax Transactions
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Jax Tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

city taxes

Customer Question

have recently found out my ex never sent my city taxes in for the past 7 years .would really like to take care of this but not sure where to start.and if what might the consequences be.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jax Tax replied 5 years ago.
There are associated penalties and interest for not paying your local taxes. Here is an example. You really have only 2 choices. Do nothing or file the returns. To file the returns, you will need copies of your federal return. You can request these from the IRS with form 4506t.
You ceartainly want to make sure they are done going forward. As for the old taxes, if the fifty has not,, or some way let you know they are have not filed, just doing it correctly going forward may be the best thing you can do. From expeirence, I can tell you that if they haven't done something yet, they are not going to.
Expert:  Jax Tax replied 5 years ago.
This is especially true for.years more than 3 years ago. If anything, focus on the most recent 3 years.