Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

my name is XXXXX XXXXX and i owe the irs 4,000 dollars.

Customer Question

my name is XXXXX XXXXX and i owe the irs 4,000 dollars. i retired last december from a govenment job. to day i was looking for my pention check and it wasn't there did they take it ? i had intended to start paying them back this month i tried calling but couldn'get any one.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 5 years ago.
Hello, THANK YOU for choosing Just Answer. My goal is to help make your life...a little...LESS taxing.

Albert,

Have you been receiving notices from the IRS that they would levy your pension check? If so, it's a possibility that they did levy it. Hopefully this is not the case. However, you can either call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 or the company that issues your pension check. Usually before the IRS issues a levy, they send out a Final Notice Before a levy. Did you receive this?

I will be leaving the computer for about an hour or so. If you require further communication from me, I will respond upon my return to the computer.

Thank you.