MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  CPA, Over 30 yrs experience w/individuals and small businesses. Masters in Tax.

I have been appointed the executor of my fathers estate. I

Customer Question

I have been appointed the executor of my father's estate. I need to close Dad's account and open anew estate account. I need a tax ID number for the bank. how do I get the ID number? Thanx
Category: Tax
Expert:  MequonCPA replied 5 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer:

You will file a Form SS-4 to request a federal identification number from the IRS. Below is a link to the form.

You can also request a number online:,,id=102767,00.html?portlet=105

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was instructed to go to and the menu would driv me thru. Now you want me to get a form SS-4 I'm more CONFUSED THAN WHEN i STARTED.
Expert:  MequonCPA replied 5 years ago.

You should go to the link below. It is the IRS web page to apply for the number online.,,id=102767,00.html?portlet=105 is a private site, not the actual government web page.