Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner

Is there a place online that I can find the length of time

Is there a place online that I can find the length of time that a sales and use tax exemption certificate is valid for each state? I have a project going at work and we are asking our customers to update their exemption certificates. How can I tell if a certificate is outdated if it doesn't have an expiration date on it?
Hello, THANK YOU for choosing Just Answer. My goal is to help make your life...a little...LESS taxing.

There is a possibility that you will be able to obtain this information online. What state are you referring to?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Angela, I'm referring to all 50 states.
Hello again,

No there is not a place online where you can find the information for all 50 states. Each state has it own department dedicated to Sales/Use Tax matters. Now within that state there might be a way to verify the certificates online, but not as a whole. In order to find out when an exemption certificate expires, you will have to contact the individual state if they don't have an online portal. Though a bit of a pain, verifying certificates would have to be done state by state.