Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner

h ow can i get the richmond va state taxes lien payment department

Customer Question

h ow can i get the richmond va state taxes lien payment department let me make pay mwppaymentswithout takeing all of my pay check because if they do i will not be able topay my rent in three weeks or will i be able to get gas for work or survive this i need help bad because i cannot live like this i am all ready homeless i stay with a person that wants me to pay 950.a month rent please help with matter soon thank you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 5 years ago.
Hello, THANK YOU for choosing Just Answer. My goal is to help make your life...a little...LESS taxing.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Have you tried claiming hardship? In similar situations like yours, if a person can prove financial hardship, taxing agencies usually will reduce, or temporarily lift the garnishment all together. You can call, or walk in to an office and explain your financial situation to them. You can also talk to a tax advocate. You can call the office in Richmond at(NNN) NNN-NNNN Though this tax advocacy service only appears to address IRS matters, it is worth giving them a call to see if they can point you in the right direction to help with your situation.
Hello again,

I just read a portion of the Virginia Taxpayers Bill Of Rights. You can contact the following for assistance with your matter.

Taxpayers’ Rights Advocate
Virginia Department of Taxation
P.O. Box 546
Richmond, Virginia 23218-0546
Phone: (804) 367-8031 for individual
(804) 367-8037 for business
FAX: (804) 367-1115

When contacting the Taxpayers’ Rights Advocate, you will
need to provide a detailed description of the problem or
complaint and the steps you have taken to resolve the issue.
If you send a written request for assistance, please provide
a daytime phone number.

link to webpage: