Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.

My dad recently passed and left his house (which is paid for

My dad recently passed and left his house (which is paid for and worth 32000) and his pickup (which is paid for and worth according to NADA 22000). My question how much will i be having to pay in inheritance tax
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good morning. Can you tell me in what state your dad resided at this death? Do you live in the same state?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

colorado, i also live in colorado. the will states that everything goes to me, if i die before he was to decease everything wood have gone to my younger sister.

Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Thanks. Colorado does not have an inheritance tax. And, there will be no Federal estate tax on that amount.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have different intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply general information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.