How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CGCPA Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3820
Experience:  over 40 years experience in tax matters
Type Your Tax Question Here...
CGCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have filed an extension 7004 for my Partnrship Tax Return

Customer Question

I have filed an extension 7004 for my Partnrship Tax Return which is due 9/15/2011. I am and have been seriously ill. I continue to be under Doctors care with medication rehab and continual visits to the Doctors. I am getting better but I would like to file an additional extension to file the 1065 until 10/15/2011. How do I do this. Do I have to write a letter to explain my cirmcumstances and will it be approved. Thank You ....Stanley L. Cusick
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  CGCPA replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.


The 7004 extension gave you 6 months additional time to file. There is no additional extension generally available. However, if you submit a new 7004 asking for more time, attach a letter explaining the circumstance and a doctors letter the IRS will usually grant a reasonable request. The problem is that there is no guaranty it will be granted and you may just receive a 10 day extension.