Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

When I filed my 2009 income tax I used turbo tax...when it

Customer Question

When I filed my 2009 income tax I used turbo tax...when it printed one form was not transmitted and now irs is requesting money for tax an penality. I have large medical deductions for the last 3 years starting with 2009. My HSA account was used for medical bills over 4400.oo dollars I have all the dates and amounts and to whom paid to prove it was for medical bills and medicin only...also I used 1025.00 from an IRA I purchased in 2008 with money that had been taxed at 27% and IRS wants to tax this money again. What do I do to resolve this...I'm on long term disability and social security and my UNUM insurance is paying for an attorney because they say I qualify for SSdisability. Connie
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 5 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!

Sorry for your situation.
If your 2009 tax return was not transmitted - you have no choice - but to print it and mail to the IRS as soon as possible.
The IRS has no information about some of your circumstances - and the best way to inform them - is to file your tax return.
You should verify all your filing, because you are disabled - be sure to mark disability check box on your tax return. Verify that all your deduction and medical expenses are included into your tax return.
Because you received a notice - mail your tax return to teh address in this notice and attach a copy of the letter you received from the IRS. Add a notice with explanations why you are filing late as you explained above.
If your tax return will be accepted and processed - your issue will be resolved. But be aware it might take up top 8-12 weeks for your tax returns to be processed.
If you are due any refund - you will be sent a check.
Let me know if you need any help.