Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney
Experience:  JD, LL.M in Business and Taxation, IRS Enrolled Agent. Expert in Business and Tax Transactions
59761513

hi, I have been audit for the year 2007 and Im currently paying

hi, I have been audit for the year 2007 and I'm currently paying them back. And now they want to see my deductions for 2008,2009. but I have no receipts or records showing my deductions. They want to schedule an appointment..my question is. Should i make a appointment or let them issue an examination report showing additional tax due. And make arrangement to pay them back.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jax Tax replied 3 years ago.

Jax Tax : I think you should absolutely go in. You can easily get bank statements, credit card statements, and chicken records.
Jax Tax : You should contact the institutions to get these records and go through them. Make sure to specifically request copies of checks written.
Jax Tax : For car expenses, you can get purchase price, maintenance reciepts if not on the bank statement, tax records and mileage logs. Gas will show on the bank records. Be careful however because bank statements also show income if you understand me.
Jax Tax : Go through these and itemize the purchases the best you can and put them on a spreadsheet with date and source document(s). You will get something.
Jax Tax : And that is pretty much all I have to say on the matter. Other option is just like you said, so nothing. Be careful, the rollercoaster goes.forever. You might as well not claim any expenses next year. Also, if you balance goes over $25k, payments get much harder to get, levies are likely, and there goes your credit.
Jax Tax : I want to say something about my last response. You can claim expenses next year but you need to keep very good organized records. It downtown have to be canst, just there.
Jax Tax : Sorry for the auto correct "doesn't have to be fansy "
Customer:

I guess I'll opt. to do nothing. I'm 55 years old single with bad credit , own nothing, but have lots of bills. I guess I be retiring any time soon.

Customer:

Thank's

Jax Tax, Tax Attorney
Experience: JD, LL.M in Business and Taxation, IRS Enrolled Agent. Expert in Business and Tax Transactions