How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3443
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is IRS Form 147c and how to get one?

Resolved Question:

What is IRS Form 147c and how do I obtain one?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 5 years ago.

The 147c is a request from the IRS for an Employer Identification Number (E.I.N.) letter. If your company has been assigned an E.I.N., and lost it, this is what you would request for a replacement letter. You can request this by phone or mail. The number to call is as follows:


Requesting by mail, you can write to the address where you file regular returns. Be sure to write the words "Request for a 147c number" in the letter.

Tax.appeal.168 and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions