Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

Request Charity Assistance by Senior & Disabled Woman

I am 61 YO, disabled via dialysis, and on Social Security Disability since 2007. I need to find volunteer materials, labor to upgrade my manufactured home in Thurston County, Washington State. City: Olympia.. Materials would be nails, lumber, paint and the labor to do the work. While I might be able to pay a minimum of $100 per day for a job that needs re-evaluation from what was done 2 years ago. Perhaps 2 days of work for wood rot replacement and 1 day (if paint sprayer is used) for the painting. I live in a manufactured home park and the manager of the park continues to request this situation of wood rot be replaced STAT. Can you lead me to such a charity that can assist in this urgent need?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.

The HRRP home repair program addresses some of the minor home repair needs of low-income individuals and families in the community. You would need to call the Community Action Council of Thurston County at(NNN) NNN-NNNNto inquire about their requirements.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX information will be helpful,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will try them and see what part towards the repair and painting I can get through them. Thanks for at least giving an agency to begin my search. You've been helpful and I can accept your answer.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 years ago.

Thank you. I hope they can assist you. The Attorney general did have many warnings though about scams an d the senior sector in the home repair area. Be careful if you hire anyone and make sure you get real info on and about them.

I hope the council can assist you, if you were here in GA in my community we have many groups that go for free and make repairs I know the people in Washington must be just as helpful.

Best to you,