Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner

tax audit

My Client had an audit and we needed to send in some more information.  I did mail it but the time I can around it the file was close.  I didn't file an appeal either.  We received a bill and we are trying to reopen the case but it hasn't worked and now my client wants me to pay the bill.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer!!

Can you please clarify whether you are referring to state or federal taxes. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This is federal taxes
Hello Again,

There is another underutilized program that the IRS offers, which is the (OIC) Offer In compromise program. This program allows a taxpayer to appeal an even already appealed audit. However it's best that a skilled Tax Resolution specialist file this request for you. It is a long drawn out process and you want to make sure that the paperwork is done correctly. Please note that the IRS does not always approve the applications. If on the other hand your client just wants to pay the debt, he/she can request an installment agreement. Installment agreements are much easier to be improved than an OIC application, but in my opinion, the OIC is worth a try. Hopefully my answer will give you a direction to go in. Thank you.