How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DanielleCPA Your Own Question
DanielleCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 789
Experience:  Years of Experience in Business & Personal Taxes
Type Your Tax Question Here...
DanielleCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi. I have a question regarding how heterosexual NY registered

This answer was rated:

Hi. I have a question regarding how heterosexual NY registered partners are viewed by the IRS. Can we file our taxes next year jointely or do we still have to file as singles, filling separately.


Hi and welcome to Just Answer! I'm happy to help with your tax questions. Feel free to interject at any time if you need clarification.


The IRS does not recognize any other union other than marriage. You will not be able to file your tax return jointly. You will each have to file your own tax return as single.


Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. If not, please hit the green accept button.

DanielleCPA and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you