Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney
Experience:  JD, LL.M in Business and Taxation, IRS Enrolled Agent. Expert in Business and Tax Transactions

I received a tax check refund for my 2010 tax year, there was

Customer Question

I received a tax check refund for my 2010 tax year, there was a problem with the check it's self. There is a discrepency with the account number off the IRS check it is the account the money came out of for cashing my check. I want to know how to check which federal account my funds came out of?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jax Tax replied 5 years ago.

Jax Tax : If I understand,you want to know what bank the Is draws their check on.
JACUSTOMER-rndu5l4h- :

Well kind of, there is a discrepency on my tax refund check, the routing number is there, then the account number for the funds to be applied to then the check number. In the upper righthand corner of the check the number isn't the same as in the numbers across the bottom of the check. The difference is that there is an extra "2" at the end of the account number and not in the upperright hand corner of the check.

JACUSTOMER-rndu5l4h- :

Yes, I would like to know what account the funds would be taken out of on my tax refund check.

Jax Tax : The numbers of an IRS refund check you are asking about are office locations.
Jax Tax : Is the bank given you a problem cashing it because they think there is a problem?