Ellen, Tax Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

I have a client who is a doctor. He was operating as a PLLC

I have a client who is a doctor. He was operating as a PLLC and is now an S-Corp. I'd like to know if he could operate as a DBA under the S-Corp. The reason is that he still wants to keep the PLLC name for continuity reasons. Also would there be an issue with the Office oF Professions In NY

I am an attorney with 25+ years of legal experience and am working diligently on your answer while I await your response.

Please tell me:
are you asking whether the DBA can include the PLLC title?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm asking if the S-Corp can be a DBA so that the patients will not be aware there was an entity change

The S. corporation can file for a d.b.a. That saida d.b.a. may not indicate that it is an PLLC
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is it ok for it to be Psychological Potentials, P.C. DBA Professional Therapeutics Associates
Yes provided that the d.b.a. is properly registered
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just want to make sure there is no conflict with the office of Professions in NY

Does the DBA have to go through the same requirements of The Office Of Professions since the S-corp has met the requirements
No -- it does not conflict with the office of Professions in NY
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks so much