How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 53685
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What does Soc Sec and Ins stand for?

Resolved Question:

I received a check from United States Treasury it states Soc Sec and under that it says for ins. Can anyone explain what this stands for! Thanks.

Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good afternoon. Checks from the U.S. Treasury are labeled as follows: Payments from SSA benefits are designated as follows:

See the following website for verification of this:

Richard and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you