Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.

I Just received a termination on our installment agreement

I Just received a termination on our installment agreement that our May 10 payment was not received. We paid EFTPS on May 3,2011 and received acknowledgement 270152361039336.Harold Ray & Therese Ray Soc. Sec. No. XXXXXXXXX
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good afternoon. This happens all the should send the IRS a certified letter and include a copy of the correspondence you received regarding the termination. You should provide them the evidence that the May 10 payment was actually made on May 3, 2011, and demand that the installment agreement be reinstated. This is always better than a call because you have written documentation of what you did. Based on these facts, they will reinstate your agreement.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.