Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney
Experience:  JD, LL.M in Business and Taxation, IRS Enrolled Agent. Expert in Business and Tax Transactions

What is the statue and process for filing an amended Georgia

What is the statue and process for filing an amended Georgia income tax return? I did not claim "part resident" on my original tax return which would have resulted in a refund. I have the supporting financial documentation. I worked/relocated to Texas 1/3 of that year and also had income taxes for PA on one of my W-2's.  However the W-2 is incorrect because they did not take out GA taxes they took out PA taxes and did not change the state election per my request which was prior to the issuance of the W-2
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jax Tax replied 5 years ago.
You need to file a 500x with sch 1-3 for part year resident. The form is here. Feel free to comment after acceptance.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok the 500x form instructions indicate to submit the part resident state along with the amended return but Texas does not have an income tax.
Expert:  Jax Tax replied 5 years ago.
Just send a letter indicating such.