How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jax Tax Your Own Question
Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1408
Experience:  JD, LL.M in Business and Taxation, IRS Enrolled Agent. Expert in Business and Tax Transactions
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Jax Tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the statue and process for filing an amended Georgia

Resolved Question:

What is the statue and process for filing an amended Georgia income tax return? I did not claim "part resident" on my original tax return which would have resulted in a refund. I have the supporting financial documentation. I worked/relocated to Texas 1/3 of that year and also had income taxes for PA on one of my W-2's.  However the W-2 is incorrect because they did not take out GA taxes they took out PA taxes and did not change the state election per my request which was prior to the issuance of the W-2
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jax Tax replied 5 years ago.
You need to file a 500x with sch 1-3 for part year resident. The form is here. Feel free to comment after acceptance.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok the 500x form instructions indicate to submit the part resident state along with the amended return but Texas does not have an income tax.
Expert:  Jax Tax replied 5 years ago.
Just send a letter indicating such.
Jax Tax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you