Experience:  over 40 years experience in tax matters

I have a tax quetion and need guidance. On April 4, 2011 I

I have a tax quetion and need guidance. On April 4, 2011 I filed mytaxes via TURBO TAX.
Not having received my $2679 refund by May 23 I tried to contact 1) the IRS refund search sites, and 2) the Turbo Tax sites.
I had confirmation via "thenk yous and notice of filing from Turbo Tax that I my RETURN was filed.

However I never rec'd a DCN (as far as I know). But I assumed the return waw filed. IRS cannot find my return not having any info on the REFUND I thought was in the works.

I have a hard copy of my return and can file it. Hoq ashould I go about filingas of this late date?

Also, we have SOLD our house and will be moving to a retirement community in 2 weeks (a new address from the one shown on my return)

George Kannapel XXX-XX-XXXX
106 Olentsngy ridge Pl
Powell, OH
Category: Tax
Expert:  CGCPA replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.

Since the IRS has no record of the return being submitted you can feel free to mail it in. You will not be penalized for the late filing because you are due a refund. You should change the address on the return to your new address. Do this by putting one line through the old address and writing in the new address. It will take longer than 2 weeks to send you a refund. If you request direct deposit of the refund be sure to include the bank information on the return (lower portion of page 2) and keep the account open until you see the refund has been deposited.