RD
RD, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  CPA, MBA, Over 10 yrs of experience in tax planning and business consulting..
510454

I paid off my delinquent taxes in in March or April. I talked

I paid off my delinquent taxes in in March or April. I talked with the Revenue office some time late in April and was told I was to get an Abatement of Penalties Check THREE TO FOUR WEEKS . I still have not gotten it, nor have I seen a deposit to my checking account for it. I hope it is not lost or miss-placed. Please advise me, should I call the 800 number I have. Barbara D Doze, Caller ID 108738, SSN ending in 1627.
Category: Tax
Expert:  RD replied 5 years ago.

RD :

Did you receive any other notice or letter from IRS with penalty abatement information?

RD :

If not, I would suggest to call the 1-800-829-1040 number and ask the IRS rep regarding the penalty abatement.

RD :

Also, provide him the reference from your prior call wherein you were informed of such abatement.

RD :

The rep can than look through you records and provide you the updated information