Zip Taxes
Zip Taxes, Tax Preparer
Experience:  CTEC Licensed / Mgmt Experience with H & R Block... Self Employed since 1986 Experienced in all Scheds

I plan to open a business that will sell mobile marketing to

I plan to open a business that will sell mobile marketing to businesses in New York State. My customers will purchase mobile web sites which I will build. they will be charged for key words used to promote the site and will be charged for each text message sent out. They will also be billed a management fee to manage their mobile campaigns. Will this be subject to NYS sales tax. The business involved will be restaurants, auto dealers, medical professionals hair salons etc.

Zip Taxes :

Welcome to Just Answers, I will do my best to Answer your Question.

Zip Taxes :

What you are providing is a "Service" and "Service" is not taxed unless your County requires it. I have provided a link for further research pertaining to your area and I think your deal is an awesome service!

Zip Taxes :

But sales taxes only reflect on goods purchased.