CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA
Experience:  over 40 years experience in tax matters
50756543

I need to do a 940 for tax year 1999. I have some of the Information.

I need to do a 940 for tax year 1999. I have some of the Information. Can anyone help?

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.

The credit you have on file is probably due to payments already made towards the obligation. If you have access to some information it will certainly help. If the following, or any of them are available, please let me know and I will assist you.

941 forms - These are filed quarterly and provide wage totals for the quarter

State returns - These will reflect wages (sometimes per individual) and can be used to replace the 941 information in the event the 941 forms are no longer available.

W-2 forms - These will provide the wages on an individual basis.

Any wage printouts you may have.

Once you have identified what you do possess and get back to me we will be able to proceed.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you so much. I think I will have to go to the IRS to fill out the paper work. I only have one quarter. I use two accountants in the year of 1999. The first two quarters I was not Incorparated. The first quarter was with Southeren Payroll and then I went with ADP. The problem is with Southern Payroll which has gone out of business.
The IRS will be able to help. They will have access to the old records but it may take them some time to produce them. I recommend requesting the records in writing and keeping a copy for your files. It will help substantiate that you are working on this and not just ignoring the IRS.