Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

I had an LLC in WA which was closed EOY 2010. A job was paid

Customer Question

I had an LLC in WA which was closed EOY 2010. A job was paid in full directly to my company.
I bid $X for my work, but the paycheck was for $X + additional, for other things the business wanted to do.
The owners asked me to pay myself and transfer the remaining amount to their checking account, which I did. It was for $2733.

The question is this: Since the paying company sent me a W2 for the total amount, how can I rectify my taxes to show that I transferred that remaining amount ($2733) to the business owner's checking account that I worked for and didn't receive it as income?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 5 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
When you make a payment $2733 - we need properly classify that payments.
If that was a repayment of your wages - and that repayment was made in the same year - your employer should exclude that amount from W2 forms. If that was not done - you need to contact your employer and ask to correct W2 form.
If that was a payment for your job related expenses - you need to be clear what are those expenses - and you will deduct the payment on the form 2106 -
Let me know if you need any help or clarification.